Saturday, December 6, 2008

THE WHITE PEACOCK


Check out this short film by Kelly Stuart. Kelly is a playwright and filmmaker, we knew each other in LA years back and reconnected through The Secret City. She said she wanted to make a film for the service...I said yes. Duh. Then Kelly said she thought it might be fun to shoot some footage of me in the days prior to the service, getting things together. I told her that if she really wanted to see what's amazing about making each service, it's to go on the adventure beforehand...that's what we did. 

This was made for our service on October 26th, the theme was THE DAY OF THE DEAD. Amazing what you find when you go looking...

2 comments:

Orchide said...

Ah Chrissie! I LOVE this. So beautiful. Hearing you speak about your grandmother, honoring her memory, sharing the letter she wrote and her candelabra...then you dancing with it in the cemetary...pure joy:)
I am inspired. Thanks b/c I needed that.
Viv
can you add me to your mailing list? Let me know if you need an address.

lala said...

All graves thirst to have you dance on them. This was a wonderful film. I feel I know you so well and yet I learn more every day. Never knew you had a horse. You are a light.