Wednesday, December 3, 2008

THE SECRET CITY IN AMERICAN THEATRE!!!



Long time no blog. I'm dreadful at this, but working on it.

VERY busy times for the Secret City...we have our first benefit this weekend.. Jeremy Bass and I will be performing a whole bunch of our New York songs to raise money for The Secret City The show is called HELLO NEW YORK, directed by Emma Griffin. And then, TODAY, American Theatre Magazine came out with the article on the Secret City!! You know when your expectations are actually surpassed? How that can bring you to your knees? Or to your senses? Or to tears? Well, one or all of those things happened for me today when I read the article...it was RIDICULOUSLY validating. And timely.

So, the benefit is coming along: we have a short film about The Secret City being edited right now...there will be cds for sale of New York songs...people are showing up to volunteer to take tickets and print programs, three lovely ladies have agreed to be hostesses, my boyfriend is going to tend bar...AND, I think some audience are going to show up, too.

Miracles abound.

2 comments:

Laura Hemenway said...

good golly. this is the best thing ever.

lala said...

So very exciting. I can't wait to attend live one of these events. Perhaps you need to put a paypal donation link on here so people can send a friendly donation...

xoxo