Monday, February 23, 2009

A little story about style...

This is from my dear friend Patti Tippo. Patti lives in LA. She's a wonderful actress and a very stylish woman.
One of the tricks to Patti's style is she doesn't have too many clothes, but she has great taste. So, when I was thinking
about the people I wanted to ask to contribute to the service, I thought of her. What I did was ask 12 of my most stylish
friends to send in inspirations, images, a memory--something that meant something to them in regards to STYLE.
We put people's stories, images and inspirations on the wall of the space yesterday. At the part in the service where we look at the art on the walls, we went around and had people read the stuff out loud.

Patti offered this story. Enjoy.

"When I was 22, (this would have been the early 80s), I took a course through est, maybe it was through the Forum, but it was geared toward film industry people, and it was going to be grueling. For the orientation they had us stand up and introduce ourselves, there were maybe about 100 people. And you were supposed to stand up and divulge a secret, something you didn’t want people to know about yourself. So I stood up. I wanted to do the exercise well and I said, “The thing I don’t want you to know about me is that I think you’re all tacky.” Someone said, “What?” And I said, “I think you’re all tacky.” There was no laughter and I took that to mean that inside they knew I was right."

No comments: